Child Care Centers

Providing Nutritious Meals for Children

The USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) provides money for healthy meals to child care centers in Minnesota. Partners in Quality Care works with child care centers to help them sign up for the CACFP and receive funds for the healthy meals and snacks the children need.

Our multi-lingual team members can take on the administrative and financial tasks of the CACFP, which includes providing forms, processing paperwork, training staff, and coordinating with the state and federal agencies on your behalf.

Find out why Partners in Quality Care is the largest sponsor of unaffiliated child care centers in the state of Minnesota.

food program for daycare providers in Minnesota

Let us Sponsor You on the CACFP

We can make it easy to participate in the CACFP by being your sponsor! This means we take on the paperwork and the liability and help you every step of the way. Our help includes:

Our team will submit your center’s application on your behalf. The application will have important information to enroll your program in the CACFP. If you center is a for-profit facility, we will document that at least 25% of the children in attendance are from low-income households.

We provide education and training for your child care center employees and teachers. This helps them understand the rules for menus, meal service and paperwork.

We provide forms, process paperwork, train staff, and coordinate with state and federal agencies on your behalf.

To receive funds, your center will be required to keep track of which children are eating at each meal and snack. We can help you learn how to keep track on paper or on a computer or mobile device.

Members of our team will visit your child care center regularly to see how things are going and to help with any new training or process changes.

The U.S. government and the State of Minnesota require certain posters to be placed within your program. We will provide these posters and educate your employees about their importance. The required posters include a nondiscrimination policy, and announcement that your center is enrolled in the CACFP, a promotional poster about the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program and a poster about choking and CPR procedures for each classroom.

Ready to get started? If you have questions or want an estimate of your potential funds, contact us today!

How Do You Know if You Qualify?

You can participate in the CACFP if your program is a:

  • Nonprofit licensed child care center
  • For-profit licensed child care center, and if 25% of the families at your center are considered low-income households

The amount of money you can get for food depends on the household income of the families that come to your center. For an estimate of how much money you could get from the CACFP, contact us today.

How Much Work is the CACFP?

Being a part of the CACFP adds just a few extra steps for most licensed child care centers. If you are already providing meals to the children in your care, then you are already doing most of what you need to do to receive CACFP funds.

Every day, you need to:

  • Keep sign-in/sign-out sheets
  • Record which of the children ate by using paper or an easy mobile app
  • Record your menu

Every month, you need to:

  • Send your meal counts, menus, and receipts to Partners in Quality Care

Every year, you need to:

  • Have families fill out income forms
  • Receive hands-on training from Partners in Quality Care

Ready to Get Started?

Partners in Quality Care has been a leading CACFP sponsor and child care advocate for many years. If your child care center could benefit from funds for food, contact us today! We can help you navigate all the paperwork and processes of the CACFP.

Nondiscrimination statement: In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.