Adult Daycare

Adult Daycare Center Food Program

The USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) provides money for healthy meals to adult daycare centers in Minnesota. Partners in Quality Care works with adult daycare centers to help them sign up for the CACFP and receive funds for the healthy meals and snacks the older adults need.

Our multi-lingual team members can take on the administrative and financial tasks of the CACFP, which includes providing forms, processing paperwork, training staff, and coordinating with the state and federal agencies on your behalf.

Find out why Partners in Quality Care is the largest sponsor of unaffiliated adult daycare centers in the state of Minnesota.

CACFP Food Programs in Minnesota

You can participate in the CACFP if your program is a:

  • Nonprofit licensed adult day care center
  • For-profit licensed adult day care center, and if 25% of the adults are from low-income households

Let us Sponsor You on the CACFP

We can make it easy to participate in the CACFP by being your sponsor. This means that we can help you every step of the way. This includes:

  • Submitting an application to the state on your behalf
  • Providing training and all required forms
  • The option to keep track of meal counts on paper or using the computer or mobile device
  • Stopping by for review visits to see how things are going
  • Having your menus reviewed by a registered dietitian for compliance with the CACFP meal pattern requirements
  • Providing required posters about nondiscrimination and choking and CPR procedures for each meal service area.

Ready to get started! If you have questions or want an estimate of your potential funds, contact us today.

Contact Us

The Benefits of The Adult Care Food Program

  • Money: Programs on the CACFP receive funds for up to 2 meals and 1 snack, or 1 meal and 2 snacks per enrolled adult each day.
  • Nutrition: As a licensed adult daycare center, you are already required to provide meals and snacks that meet ⅓ of the Recommended Dietary Allowance. The CACFP meal pattern requirements are designed to satisfy this requirement. And participating in the CACFP means that your program can afford to provide healthy meals and snacks!

How Much Work is the CACFP?

Being on the CACFP adds just a few extra steps for most licensed adult daycare centers. If you are already providing meals to the adults in your care, then you are already doing most of what you need to do to receive CACFP funds.

Every day, you need to:

  • Keep sign-in/sign-out sheets
  • Record which of the participants ate by using paper or an easy mobile app
  • Record your menu

Every month, you need to:

  • Send your meal counts, menus, and receipts to Partners in Quality Care

Every year, you need to:

  • Have participants fill out income forms
  • Receive hands-on training from Partners in Quality Care

Ready to Get Started?

Partners in Quality Care has been a leading CACFP sponsor and advocate for many years. If your senior care center or adult daycare could benefit from funds to pay for food, contact us today! We can help you navigate all the paperwork and processes of the USDA’s Child and Adult Care Food Program.

Nondiscrimination statement: In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.